Ringless voicemail or RVM is a communication technique that allow marketing and broadcasting agencies to deliver their message directly into prospect's voicemail box without disturbing or even ringing their phones. Generally it is considered as lawfull method of telemarketing and political advertisement.
How it works
Most of the Mobile Network Operators usually offer Voicemail Drop as value-added service. ICTBroadcast use this value-added service to automatically drop recorded message as voicemail. Following is brief description about how ICTBroadcast does it
ICTBroadcast dial out given access numbers and uses a sequence of DTMF keypresses to submit number of target phone as well as to reach prospect's voicemail recording interface. ICTBroadcast start playing selected recorded message after the recording tone and, on completion, it uses DTMF tones sequence to save the recording and then finish the call.
How to setup Ringless Voicemail system
Admin is required to configure his ICTBroadcast server before launching campaigns for Ringless Voicemail in accordance to following instructions.
Setup remote portals
Each access number has IVR system that is specific to Mobile Network Operators, means different Mobile Network Operators has different IVR systems therefoe admin has to configure different IVR system against each Mobile Network Operators, a remote web portal that will be called as Remote Portal.
New remote portal can be created from Administration and then Remote Portal menu, Following are brief details of each required field.
- Remote Portal Name: give a unigue name
- Portal Type: Type of target IVR system, i.e voicemail
- Provider Name: Mobile network operator name
- 1st: Start sequence: A sequence of Keys which are required to select required service and submit target phone number
- 2nd: Phone Number: Will be done automatically
- 3rd: Recording sequence: Another sequence of Keys which is required to navigate to voicemail recording prompt
- 4th: Recording: Message will be played automatically
- 5th: Send sequence / hangup: Final sequence of Keys to finish and submit voicemail recording and to proceed with hangup
Create Access numbers
There is an issue while working with Ringless Voicemail. As mentioned above, each Mobile Network Operator may have a different set of IVR flow against its voicemail interface. This issue can be addressed by creating separate contact groups and campaigns for different providers, But, unfortunately after the number portability option this is not practical. In ICTBroadcast , we have introduced a special mechanism which dynamically determine target access number and remote portal type in realtime based on CNAM report of current contact number.
New access number can be created or imported from Administration and then Access number menu. Following is brief detail of each required field.
- Phone number: Access number advertised by Mobile Network Operator for their voicemail service. It will be dialed to reach user's voicemail box.
- Remote Portal: Select mobile provider's IVR interface that belongs to current access number
- Region: To filter destinations
- Country: To filter destinations
- Destinations: OCN or Network prefixes list required to identify and map given contact number with original network and to current access number
Configure CNAM Provider
ICTBroadcast have to determine original Network Operator for given phone number when working with contact list, this can be done via CNAM query which provide these required information, i.e OCN. CNAM providers can be configured from Administration then System Configuration menu.
Following are details about required fields.
Enable or disable CNAM clinet
- SS7 Provider:
Select provider type
- Expiry (seconds):
How long ICTBroadcast can reuse stored/cached CNAM data
- API URL:
URL to API interface
- API Key: Authentication key (optional) Note: either use api key or username and password combination depending on your provider
- API Username:
Username for API (optional)
- API Password:
Password for API (optional)
- Phone prefix:
In case, API provider requires a phone number with specific format then ICTBroadcast will apply this filter on phone number before request CNAM data.
Start Ringless Voicemail Campaign
Prepare contact group
- Click on "Contact management" from top menu and then click "Add new" button from contact group page
- Fill required fields, and submit the form to create a new contact group
- Now visit "Contacts" from top sub menu, And then either create new contact manually or import from CSV file
- After creating or importing contact go back to "contact group" page
- Finally click "Start CNAM" button to update CNAM database for newly created contact group
Launch Voicemail Campaign
- Click on "Campaign" from top menu and then click on "Campaign Management" from top sub menu
- Click on "Add New" button and then click on "Voice Mail Campaign" button
- Fill the campaign form as following
- Enter Name of the campaign
- Select contact group / List of phone numbers that this campaign will dial.
- Select Type of remote portal
- Select from list of already created / recorded messages.
- Leave other settings as default.
- Click save to run the campaign.